(Closed) Senior Play Designer
Osmo is looking for a Senior Play Designer to spearhead the creative direction for the ongoing content in a narrative adventure using our flagship product Genius Kit. This is a person that is passionate, creative and cares deeply about quality and player experience. You are devoted to creating great gameplay experiences and healthy entertainment for kids, always putting the player first.
The Senior Play Designer will be responsible for setting the overall creative direction, and narrative framework for several game content updates. Success in this role requires a designer who both enjoys driving a high-level game design direction and as well as getting in the trenches with the actual content design. They will work closely with the other discipline leads and the Product Owner to keep everyone’s efforts channeled towards the same creative vision.
- Design and pitch high-level game design direction for kid-friendly stories and gameplay interactions.
- Provide goals and direction for content development that is needed to support and enhance the core mechanics and a creative vision of the game.
- Create narrative storyboards and design documents that provide a development framework for cross-disciplinary communication and organization.
- As the project progresses, implement and tune the parameters for your designs.
- Work closely with other discipline leads to develop their specific parts of the vision including design, art, narrative, and technical elements.
- Review and discuss production priorities, timelines, and scope with the production team.
- Continual iteration and improvement of product design based on team feedback, playtests, and your own evaluation.
- A passion for, and keen interest, in creating engaging playful learning experiences for kids
- 5+ years experience working in a Game Design capacity
- Excellent subject matter expertise in narrative and puzzle game design
- Mastery of design principles, and a keen understanding of underlying human psychology and motivation
- Fluency in visual, technical, and storytelling techniques
- Strong sense of design, player motivation, and gameplay flow
- Ability to pitch to both internal and external groups to achieve buy-in
- Ability to take technical and production feasibility into account when coming up with concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Deep love and appreciation of collaborative team environments
- Self-managing; driven and motivated
- Experience conducting playtests autonomously
- Ability to think creatively, iterate rapidly, and participate in a player-centric environment.