Osmo is an award-winning accelerated learning system that changes the way children interact with games. Osmo games combine physical interactions with digital experiences to make learning fun.
In 2019 Osmo was acquired by Byju’s, a highly successful EdTech company focused on making learning fun. This puts Osmo in a unique position, still acting as a small company, but with the backing and resources of a much larger one. Today Osmo powers the core engine for Byjus 3-8 year old learning segment while tripling its revenue into nine figures.
Head of Corporate Communications and Public Relations will provide communications leadership to support the growth of Osmo business in North America. This individual will effectively articulate the narrative and take a strategic approach to reputation management and stakeholder engagement.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create a long-term, forward-looking communications strategy that aligns with and helps drive the overall business priorities, reputation and brand positioning of Osmo to partners in North America.
- Manage an integrated communication plan across multiple brand and product portfolios with the goal of building brand awareness and credibility.
- Provide and manage storytelling and content for media and external events.
- Collaborate and partner with internal business leaders, serving as a trusted advisor, to understand priorities and advise on communications internally and externally.
- Serve as the communication lead, providing overarching guidance to international communications teams (with the exception of India).
- Establish a thought leadership and executive speakers program to support our mission.
- Manage external relationships including those with media and other influencers key to the advancement of Osmo business.
- Oversee the development of communications materials for interviews, launches, initiatives and events
- Provide day-to-day management for Osmo PR agency and crisis communications.
- Act as liaison with our partners’ communication teams
Skills and Background
- The ideal candidate will bring generalist in-house or agency experience, preferably within high-growth B2C environments. Experience in e-learning, kids education or toy marketing is most preferable, while experience in children’s consumer-focused companies is a must.
- This individual will be a self-driven team player with a strong work ethic, intellectual horsepower and the courage of their convictions, who embraces change as an opportunity and seeks to make the team and enterprise better. Culturally speaking, the ideal candidate needs to have high EQ, be commercial in outlook and creative in approach. They need to be a natural problem solver with resilience and the ability to push back as appropriate, effective at managing demanding stakeholders and be adept at intelligent risk taking.
- The ideal candidate possesses 8-10 years’ experience in communications / public relations; extensive relationships across business, trade, and consumer media; and strong detail orientation and process thinking.
- The ability to create and articulate an inspiring vision for the organization, not only for the areas they are directly responsible for, but the enterprise as a whole
- The inclination to seek and analyze data from a variety of sources to support decisions and to align others with the organization's overall strategy
- An entrepreneurial and creative approach to developing new, innovative ideas that will stretch the organization and push the boundaries within the industry
- The ability to effectively balance the desire/need for broad change with an understanding of how much change the organization is capable of handling, to create realistic goals and implementation plans that are achievable and successful
Executing for Results
- The ability to set clear and challenging goals while committing the organization to improved performance; tenacious and accountable in driving results
- Comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty; the ability to adapt nimbly and lead others through complex situations
- A risk-taker who seeks data and input from others to foresee possible threats or unintended circumstances from decisions; someone who takes smart risks
- A leader who is viewed by others as having a high degree of integrity and forethought in their approach to making decisions; the ability to act in a transparent and consistent manner while always taking into account what is best for the organization
Relationship and Influence
- Naturally connects and builds strong relationships with others, demonstrating strong emotional intelligence and an ability to communicate clearly and persuasively
- An ability to inspire trust and followership in others through compelling influence, powerful charisma, passion in their beliefs, and active drive
- Encourages others to share the spotlight and visibly celebrates and supports the success of the team
- Creates a sense of purpose/meaning for the team that generates followership beyond their own personality and engages others to the greater purpose for the organization as a whole
- Develop effective working relationships with executives, managers and employees at all levels throughout the company in order to advance communications objectives and support business growth