Studio Engineer in Charge
We are looking for a Broadcast/Studio Engineer In Charge who will use his/her expertise in broadcast and technical operations to achieve technical success in all live and live-to-tape production for OS from our NDI based studio in New York or on location shoots.
- The candidate will independently set up and execute remote and studio broadcast.
- Work with our directors, producers and TD’s on executing their desired look/feel/cadence of the show, and deliver a final product to clients in the highest possible quality.
- A hard-working team player, who will have strong technical skills, excellent time management and a demonstrated history of work which shows their passion, knowledge and confidence for the technical aspects of studio based live production.
- Maintaining/updating specialist equipment for video production, broadcast and remote streaming
- Setting up and monitoring audio-visual links between units in different locations
- Recommending, Ordering, Installing and testing new equipment
- Developing improved workflows for producing remote content
- Managing the studio facilities and post-production workflows in remote environments
- Analyzing and repairing technical faults on equipment and systems – often in a very fast-paced environment
- Minimizing loss of service if/when equipment fails by quickly identifying and implementing alternative methods of service provision
- Setting up, operating equipment and transmission links during live and pre-taped production.
- Developing and implementing awareness of best practice for remote talent on video calls
- Interpreting and implementing instructions and requests from producers, directors and other colleagues
- Communicating effectively with members of the team and other colleagues
- Knowledge of video game console and PC based streaming technologies and methodologies
- Knowledge of SRT, RTMP, WebRTC, NDI protocols
- Keeping up to date with the industry and changes in technology by building and maintaining a network of contacts and investigating new systems and techniques
- Occasional live switching/directing of live-to-tape segments & shows with an understanding of the switcher’s technology.
This role is primarily remote with on-site work as needed for shows/rehearsals at our studio in lower Manhattan, NY NY.