(Closed) Event Designer
We are looking for an event designer to join our team in New York on a 3 - 4-month contract to design a new gaming and esports pop up venue. The venue aims to shatter the stigma of gamers only existing in basements - Esports is now the fastest growing industry in the USA and gaming is watched by more people than Hulu and ESPN combined. Our venue aims to take gaming and gamers seriously and to create a 'WeWorks for gamers'.
The ideal candidate will have experience in site-specific installations with an emphasis on the audience experience. An interest in gaming a bonus but not essential. Fee negotiable dependant on experience.
- Collaborate with the creative team to develop a working design that incorporates all the needs of a gaming venue and fits within budget and construction time.
- Construct and present early sketches
- Create high def renders of the final design
- Work from the office (FiDI) at least 1 day a week during development
- Attend all production meetings
- Be present at the venue throughout the entire build process
- Work with third-party construction contractors and oversee the install
- Creative mindset, comfortable suggesting a crazy idea
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Design or related field
- Proficient in visual drawing software
- Gaming and event experience a bonus
- Experiential event or immersive theatre experience bonus
- Portfolio of work for review