(Closed) Magic Gaming Activation Coordinator
A quick summary about the Magic Gaming Activation Coordinator role:
The Magic Gaming Coordinator will be responsible for the execution and delivery of various Magic Gaming events in the Orlando market. Additionally, the Magic Gaming Coordinator will work closely with the Director and Partnership Development Manager to ensure all business and partnership needs are met.
What the Magic Gaming Activation Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Manage event planning process and execution for various Magic Gaming events, including tournaments around Orlando, the Magic Gaming Round Robin at Full Sail University and a Rivalry Matchup.
- Assist Partnership Development Manager in executing various partnership deliverables .
- Work with Marketing Manager to help setup and run marketing grassroots events in the Central Florida area.
- Interface and coordinate with Orlando Magic Marketing, Events and Partnership teams to ensure delivery of grassroots and partner events.
- Provide insight and support on business matters for Magic Gaming, such as expense tracking and budgeting, additional revenue opportunities, etc.
- All other duties as assigned.
What the Magic Gaming Activation Coordinator needs to have:
- College degree requirement: 4-year degree in event planning/management or equivalent experience.
- 1+ year of event planning / management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of sports/esports landscape beneficial.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office products and other related computer skills required.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on business writing skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends and be on-call as necessary based on the changing priorities of the department.
Please note that This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
The Orlando Magic are not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at the Orlando Magic via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Orlando Magic HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of the Orlando Magic. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by the Orlando Magic as a result of the referral or through other means.
The Orlando Magic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, any other non-merit based factor or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our leadership team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm