Data Scientist (Remote)
Who We Are:
Oooh is a team of 23 who have built some of the biggest global phenomenons in video and video games and have come together with a moonshot mission. Backed by an incredible group of Silicon Valley and LA VC’s, founders, product and technology leaders and entertainment moguls—all of whom feel personally connected to our purpose—we’ve been quietly building a smarter and healthier next-gen digital platform focused on younger audiences. And, one that’s way more fun. That’s about all we can say here :)
We’re now looking for a Data Scientist to join our team at Oooh! Working either from our Los Angeles, Kelowna, British Columbia Canada offices and we’re open to remote roles too! You’ll work closely with our product and engineering teams and will be a highly valued member of the team bringing data to the forefront of decision making and product development. As a Data Scientist, you will have an important role in our new platform by helping us develop our data + M/L pipelines and then modeling product KPIs and user interactions. You are a thoughtful, curious, and quantitatively-oriented person who has a passion for diving into data and thinking statistically about business problems and user behaviors. Your work will directly influence product decision making as we launch an exciting new product.
What You'll Do:
- You’ll develop our data and M/L pipelines with assistance from our engineers.
- You’ll apply machine learning and/or data science techniques to a variety of modeling and recommendation problems involving users, content creators and what engages them.
- You’ll engage in data mining to conduct analyses and answer business and product questions resulting in clear and understandable insights.
- You’ll support team members with data validation, quality, identification, and retrieval.
- You’ll produce and collaborate on strategic insights to help decision making.
- You’ll document analysis methodologies, conclusions, and resulting business actions taken to increase confidence in your research and analysis.
- 2+ years of experience in digital media: gaming, video or social in particular! Will consider candidates with only internship experience.
- Personally interested in video games, game economies and monetization mechanics.
- Expert in SQL, bonus points for experience for querying large datasets and column based systems such as BigQuery.
- Experience with machine learning and recommendation engines, bonus points for experience with computer vision.
- R and/or Python for data analysis and hypothesis testing.
- Previous work experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau.
- Excellent communication skills to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to think statistically about product and user experiences.
Nice To Have:
- Computer vision with respect to object detection and image classification
- Experience working with machine learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, Caffe2, PyTorch, Spark ML, scikit-learn, or related frameworks
- Experience with languages such as Scala or Java
- Working knowledge of distributed systems such as Spark
- Usage of Docker and Kubernetes