Game Business Development Manager
Onward Play is searching for a smart, energetic and competitive individual who is passionate about helping gaming companies find great talent. Onward Play is a division of Onward Search, a nationwide creative, marketing and technology staffing firm that is dedicated to the gaming industry. You’ll be joining a financially-strong, privately-held company that was named one of America’s Best Recruiting firms in 2018 by Forbes, and won the Hearst Publication Top Workplaces of 2019 award!
At Onward Play, we provide you with the tools and training you need to hone your skills, grow your industry connections and promote your personal brand. You will work with companies that our society touches everyday— dynamic brands that push the envelope of modern technology, apps, consoles, gamification, AI, VR / AR / MR and products.
Here's what your day will look like:
- Locate new business opportunities by communicating and visiting with prospects and clients
- Lead generation; using your sophisticated understanding of social media and various online technologies, to identify key prospects
- Ongoing client management, including client contact with all managerial levels to figure out a candidate's fit for the assignment and viability to support specific current and future client needs
- Serve as an industry advisor to clients as it relates to staffing and marketing trends in the gaming, VR / AR/ MR, technology and creative fields
Here’s what your career path could look like:
- Sales Professionals can be promoted into Director-level Management, running either the Recruitment or the Sales teams
- Directors can eventually run their own teams as Managing Directors, after leading strong performing teams on either the recruitment or sales side of the house
- Managing Directors can move into Regional VP positions, after showing they can motivate a team to deliver for our clients and change the lives of our candidates
- Onward and Upward to the Executive Leadership team!
You’ll be very successful here if you:
- Have at least 3+ years of sales or account management experience in the video game industry
- Have experience in the technology, design, development, marketing, advertising, digital or creative space
- Demonstrate strong planning and organizational skills
- Perfected the art of cold-calling and cold-emailing
- Entrepreneurial sales spirit
- Passion for console, cloud, PC, Esports, mobile, tabletop or VR gaming is a huge plus!
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution of higher education
If you’re interested in joining a growing staffing agency with great momentum; if you’re hungry to advance your career just as much as the careers of others, then we want to hear from you. Apply today!
Join our exciting and happy culture of creativity, collaboration, equality, and transparency, Diversity drives innovation and growth, it is the building blocks of how we construct our business. We uphold the highest standards in our commitment for inclusion. Our mission is to recognize and embrace diversity as well as promote equal opportunity for growth and professional development across all Talivity employees.
Onward Search is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. AA/EOE/M/F/D/V.