Are you an aspiring tournament organizer looking to build your portfolio and gain industry experience? Do you enjoy the thrill of competitive gaming, have a passion for college sports, or even just working on amazing events? If so, OPSE wants you to join us on our mission to build the future of college esports in Ontario.
Ontario Post-Secondary Esports (OPSE) is a volunteer and student operated organization focused on integrating collegiate esports into the traditional post-secondary institution athletics system. OPSE provides schools with new ways to engage with their students, alumni, and local community.
Our organization values student development through academics, industry experience, and competition. From competition to career development, OPSE creates opportunities for students to discover their potential, show off their skills, and represent their school at the highest level of collegiate esports. Our inaugural season features 18 colleges and universities competing in Hearthstone, League of Legends, Overwatch, and Rocket League.
The ideal candidate would be motivated, flexible, and have a good understanding of the games we work with.
This is a volunteer remote position open to all students and recent graduates. Preference given to current students in Canada.
- Learn and maintain an in-depth understanding of rules and regulations for any ongoing tournaments
- Officiate Ontario Post-Secondary Esports matches
- Help support live via the OPSE Discord servers
- Maintain positive and professional attitude at all times while administering the tournament
- Escalate difficult questions or disputes not fully covered by the rules to direct report
- Work with direct report to communicate availability during tournament hours
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills
- Possess excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills, while maintaining an ability to always stay focused on the work at hand
- Strong written and oral business communication skills, with the ability to work with other members across the organization
- Experience working effectively in a team environment with college members
- Access to a computer with consistent internet connection
Please Note: You will not be able to officiate any matches for any schools you are currently associated with.
- Experience running competitive events
- Experience playing in competitive events
- Passionate member of a esports club
- Experience writing esports-related communications
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter