Are you an aspiring graphic designer looking to build your portfolio and gain industry experience? Do you enjoy the thrill of competitive gaming, have a passion for college sports, or even just creating eye-catching design pieces? If so, OPSE wants you to join us on our mission to build the future of college esports in Ontario.
Ontario Post-Secondary Esports (OPSE) is a volunteer and student operated organization focused on integrating collegiate esports into the traditional post-secondary institution athletics system. OPSE provides schools with new ways to engage with their students, alumni, and local community.
Our organization values student development through academics, industry experience, and competition. From competition to career development, OPSE creates opportunities for students to discover their potential, show off their skills, and represent their school at the highest level of collegiate esports. Our inaugural season features 18 colleges and universities competing in Hearthstone, League of Legends, Overwatch, and Rocket League.
The ideal candidate would be motivated, flexible, and have a good understanding of the games we work with. We will be structuring this role with projects that fit the wants and needs of the individual. Other pluses include prior experience creating graphics packages for streaming, esports graphic design projects, social media design project, or previous work with an esports club.
This is a volunteer remote position open to all students and recent graduates. Preference given to current students in Canada.
- Create graphical assets for collegiate esports programs
- Design and implement engaging content for websites, images, web banners, digital ads, and other visual elements
- Provide guidance for digital assets created by either OPSE or third-party vendors
- Design compelling visual asset guides and packages for live broadcast and streaming
- Provide guidance for branding usage and other visual representations of OPSE and its academic partners
- Respond in a timely and professional manner to communication requests and other work interactions
- Demonstrate a professional and positive demeanor to other volunteers, vendors, and program participants of OPSE.
- High levels of creativity, ability to generate innovative design concepts
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Ability to execute design implementation across both print and digital media
- Able to meet committed timeframes for projects with both efficiency and skill
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment working on projects without direct supervision
- Able to direct and provide feedback to junior artists with an eye on improvement
- Able to work effectively in remote, independent, and team-based settings
- Able to demonstrate effective interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Self-motivation and initiative; impeccable time management and organization
- Experience creating visual content for gaming or esports organizations
- Experience with large print or other vector-based graphics
- Experience with motion graphics
- Experience with video editing
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter
- Portfolio (live URL or PDF attachment only)