(Closed) Chief Editor
ONE Esports is looking for a Chief Editor to shape and run the editorial output on owned platforms. ONE Esports is the esports arm of ONE Championship, Asia's largest global sports media property, and is formed via a joint venture with Dentsu Inc., the leading advertising agency in Japan and one of the largest in the world. As the Home of Esports, our mission is to celebrate and share with the world the stories and values of esports heroes, who ignite the world with hope, strength, dreams, and inspiration.
ONE Esports is composed of oneesports.gg and a live experiential business. Oneesports.gg is a Top 5 global esports site that reaches millions of visitors each month, and delivers to its community the latest esports news, reviews, features, how-to guides, and in-depth stories on esports athletes, teams, and fans. The site is currently localized in Bahasa Indonesia, English, Japanese, Thai, and Vietnamese.
Oneesports.gg is complemented by ONE Esports’ live experiential business, which creates and executes world-class esports competitions and experiences that amaze fans and feature the world’s best esports talent. ONE Esports uniquely provides partners with an always-on, 360-degree, turnkey solution to access and connect with the esports ecosystem.
The successful candidate should have a passion for creating shareable and searchable content and esports. The Chief Editor will have a wide knowledge of the esports and gaming landscape and its diverse communities and will find and develop the most compelling stories. Driven by analytics, the Chief Editor will be meticulous about quality and uphold the team and its output to the highest of standards.
- Implement and oversee ONE Esports editorial strategy.
- Take day-to-day responsibility for editorial output and standards.
- Sub-edit, manage, and publish content within CMS.
- Manage local market editors responsible for output in local language and ensure consistent, high quality standards that adhere to the global brand guidelines.
- Plan and schedule content and manage projects and deadlines.
- Provide event coverage planning and execution.
- Find, develop, and deliver stories from across the esports ecosystem.
- Help build out a freelance network of contributors.
- Commission content from freelance and staff members.
- Develop content ideas integrating ONE athletes/talent.
- Leadership skills and problem solving abilities.
- At least 5 years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of and experienced in digital publishing CMS.
- Experience managing writers and content creators.
- Experienced in sub-editing and fact checking.
- Candidate must have extensive knowledge of and passion for the esports ecosystem and communities.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to present concepts.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail.
- Take direction and constructive criticism where appropriate but also be comfortable working with minimum supervision.