Omnidrone is a rapidly-growing start-up partnered with top US publisher Scopely to make the next generation of hit mobile games. Based in the heart of Barcelona with the Mediterranean and the Sagrada Familia on either side, Omnidrone is bringing together the best and brightest game makers in the world to create unforgettable player experiences.
We are looking for talented and techy animators, who are motivated, results-oriented, and strong team players with a yearning for delivering high quality assets, for an exciting new mobile game project.
Omnidrone is looking for a motivated and passionate senior animator who has technical experience in the games industry. In this role, you will create compelling, high quality, 3D character animation, as well as mentor and troubleshoot on technical issues relating to our animation pipeline and assets. The ideal candidate is well versed in the technical frameworks of game engine development and has some experience in 2D Spline animation.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Promote games industry standard animation solutions and know-how.
- Work and report directly to Animation and TechArt Leads, giving notes and attending dailies.
- Follow and maintain visual style and technical guidelines.
- Champion improvements in animation pipeline and tools.
- Act as a bridge for technical requirements between Animation and other departments,
- Interact with Animators and Content Integrators to help promote best practices and troubleshoot technical issues that may arise in deliverables.
- Participate in Animation, TechArt, Pipeline, and Implementation related discussions, involving yourself in key decisions that affect your department.
- Occasionally work within Unity, bringing to life a certain amount of 2D Character assets and features.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 5+ years experience as Technical Animator in 3D content pipelines for the games industry.
- 6+ years of experience in the Animation industry.
- Attention to detail, meticulous and organized working habits.
- Ability to multitask and adapt easily to change.
- Strong understanding of techniques and technologies relating to games industry animation.
- Strong comprehension of animation principles; acting, posing, weight and timing.
- A great ability to think creatively to overcome technical challenges.
- Ability to work with and create technical documentation.
- Proficient with Maya and Unity
- Strong team communication and a good command of English.
WHAT MAKES YOU A ROCKSTAR !
- Bachelor's Degree in Arts or related field is a plus.
- 3+ years experience working on mobile games for Android and/or iOS.
- 2+ years of experience in 2D Spline Animation.
- Professional experience with diverse game editors and engines.