Lead Pipeline Engineer
Omnidrone is a rapidly-growing start-up partnered with top US publisher Scopely to make the next generation of hit mobile games. Based in the heart of Barcelona with the Mediterranean and the Sagrada Familia on either side, Omnidrone is bringing together the best and brightest game makers in the world to create unforgettable player experiences.
Omnidrone is looking for a motivated content pipeline engineer who has passion and experience in the gaming industry. In this role, you will lead a small team of developers to create robust tools to allow maya artists achieve their goals and meet their milestones. You will work on pipelines able to create hundreds of characters and props and dozens of environments. The successful candidate should be very comfortable pushing themselves and others to achieve the very best in technical standards.
What you will do
- Lead a small team of developers, being part of feature planning, tasks breakdown and other management tasks
- Work with the production team to improve and automate workflows
- Develop and maintain production pipeline tools.
- Write high quality code using a TDD approach
- Document new features and update documentation as necessary
What you need
- Good communication with your peers in an international environment
- Good knowledge of art assets creation process
- Professional experience developing tools for Maya with solid knowledge of Python
- Knowledge of C++ and C# is a plus.
- Its desirable to have knowledge on Unity 3D
- Experience with version control systems, Git in particular. Plastic SCM experience is a plus.
- Experience with Pyblish, mGear and Shotgun is a plus
- Understanding of best practices for optimization, performance and scalability.