Junior UI Artist
Omnidrone is a rapidly-growing start-up partnered with top US publisher Scopely to make the next generation of hit mobile games. Based in the heart of Barcelona with the Mediterranean and the Sagrada Familia on either side, Omnidrone is bringing together the best and brightest game makers in the world to create unforgettable player experiences.
We are developing a huge new game with a beloved Hollywood IP, creating the most delightful user experience ever seen as part of a collaborative UX/UI team. We are looking for an enthusiastic and young professional who likes to work in the UI and implementation, making sure that our UI is following the best practices in the market.
Are you a team player who enjoys solving problems, learning new technologies and loves playing games? Do you have the ambition to join and grow with our team?
What will you do:
- Push the boundaries of both implementation capability and what's possible in terms of quality, surpassing our competitors.
- Work with artists and engineers to create and implement art within Unity and add technical solutions.
- Provide hands-on support to artists and engineers in regard to asset performance and validation.
- Implement and polish the game’s UI, particle effects and animations in Unity.
- Collaborate with developers and testers to diagnose and resolve in-game problems.
- Help the art team to optimize their assets and processes.
- Collaborate with partner studios to share technology, workflows and best practices.
- Provide feedback to the team to ensure quality, consistency and technical UI best practices.
What you need to be great at this job:
- Attention to detail, meticulous and organized working habits.
- 2+ years experience designing for mobile devices of varying screen sizes.
- 1+ years experience working on mobile games for Android and/or iOS.
- 1+ year of Unity experience, especially with canvas.
- Some experience working with repositories
- Assist with optimization and debugging to fix the issues raised by testers.
- Develop an understanding of best practices, production pipelines and workflows.
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, or comparable image editing software.
- Good artistic skills (proportion, colour, composition).
- Positive attitude and a genuine team player.
- Ability to stretch working times, responsibilities and work under pressure when necessary.
- Ability to multitask and adapt easily to change.
- Ability to work with and create technical documentation.
- A great ability to think creatively to overcome technical challenges.
- Good communication with the UX / UI team, Developers, Game Designers, Producers, and Art Director.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
What makes you a rockstar:
- Passion for games and knowledge of the mobile games industry.
- Proficiency with Git, Jira.
- Familiar with game best practices.
Mandatory valid work permit for Spain. Please submit your CV and /or portfolio in English.