(Closed) Esports Coordinator
The eSports Coordinator is responsible for the development, management, coordination, and supervision of a competitive eSports program at OCU.
The Coordinator supports visionary leadership, strategic planning, and policy development for the eSports program. The Coordinator is responsible for : recruiting qualified student-
athletes, monitoring academic progress toward degree, scheduling and training for competition, ensuring league / conference / institutional compliance, and facility and equipment maintenance.
The Coordinator promotes an eSports program that is committed to the university’s mission, a team culture of equity and inclusion, and fostering a balanced college experience of academic achievement, social engagement, and respectful, ardent game play.
The Coordinator reports to the Chair of the Game Design and Animation Program during the academic year and works closely with the Dean, Associate Dean, and other faculty members in the college or Arts and Sciences.
Essential Functions : Demonstrate an attitude and behavior that reflects the values and mission of the department and University.
eSports Program Development and Coaching :
- Recruit and retain students for the eSports program
- Continuously ensure personal behavior and program reputation are in alignment with the institution values and brand
- Manage player skill development and instill the philosophical perspective necessary for personal and team growth
- Oversee practice / match schedule to ensure appropriate and healthy academic / eSport balance
- Register teams for competitive seasons on all platforms
- Schedule and conduct all training practices, scrimmages, and competitive matches for the eSports team
- Authorize team registration for competitive seasons on all platforms
Team Management and Administration :
- Ensure team compliance with all league, conference, and institutional rules
- Ensure the health and safety of students and staff
- Oversee effective team mass communications including social media presence
- Lead in the planning and execution of eSport events and promotion
- Lead in the planning and execution of team community service
- Record and archive matches to enable visual feedback, strategy development, and scouting of opponents.
- Stream practices and collegiate matches when possible
- Maintain and monitor the eSports practice and competition space, team equipment, and uniforms
- Utilize IT Helpdesk to manage computer equipment
- Produce monthly reports for the eSports Director and A&S Dean which include : academic performance / student eligibility
- budget expenditures and equipment needs
- practice / tournament schedule and W / L record
- Statistics from : eSports website, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Twitch
Academic and Wellbeing Support :
- Monitor academic progress of all eSport students and counsel / support as needed to ensure academic
- success and player eligibility
- Consult with ESS Department Chair to develop a weekly physical fitness & nutrition program to accompany eSports training
- Consult with Chair of Psychology to develop a Mental Health information, resource etc. sessions.
Other duties as assigned. Physical Requirements :
- Must be physically able to perform all coaching duties
- Must have near vision and hearing to effectively communicate in person, in writing, via computer and telephone.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations (in accordance with ADA requirements) may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Work Conditions :
- Significant evening, night and week-end work required.
- Work is primarily indoors.
- May be exposed to steady, fairly loud noises.
- Strong commitment to the student-athlete concept
- Knowledge of eSports, gaming, and related recreational best practices
- Ability to Ensure that affirmative action, equal opportunity, and diversity are integrally tied to all actions and
- decisions in areas of responsibility
- Ability to effectively demonstrate technique and skills to the student-athlete
- Working knowledge of applicable eSports collegiate rules and regulations
- Ability to recruit and coach student-athletes
- Ability to adhere to all policies, rules and regulations of the university, applicable conferences, agencies, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with students, faculty, staff and the public
- Ability to communicate effectively orally, telephonically, in person and in writing
- Ability to represent the university and eSports department in a friendly, courteous and professional manner
- Skill in technology applications and platforms commonly associated with eSports
A bachelor's degree is required. A minimum of two years of experience in collegiate eSports is required. Experience may include eSports program organization, team management including recruitment, coaching, etc.
Additional Required Application Materials
Cover Letter, List of Professional References, CV or Resume