Senior Rendering Programmer
About Offworld Industries:
Offworld Industries Ltd. (OWI) is the independent studio behind the successful military first person shooter game, “Squad”. OWI was formed in 2014 by more than 15 developers who had worked together on the well known Project Reality mod for Battlefield 2. The founding purpose of the team was to bring a standalone successor of this acclaimed mod to market and build a game development studio and a livelihood from that foundation.
Fast forward to 2022, OWI has nearly 100 employees and is rapidly growing. We have been expanding the studio into both serving as a publisher supporting mods, as well as a technology provider building a framework for character based multiplayer games based in UE4.
We are built on passion, unified spirit and continuing efforts to break the mold. We strive to become a leader in creating large-scale multiplayer games as well as supplying others with the ability to do the same. We are looking for a talented Senior Rendering Programmer for our current and upcoming Unreal Engine based multiplayer games. If you are passionate about making great games and a team player, we are looking for you!
- Being one of the primary contributors in a multiplayer PC game
- Designing, prototyping, implementing and refining core game systems
- Analyzing and improving game performance
- Adapting to unfamiliar areas of code or concepts when investigating a problem
- Work closely with the rest of the programming team to assist in development, to be a positive contributor to improvement and integration of new code
- Coordinating with the testing team to work on fixes for bugs
- Working with members of other departments on cross-department features [e.g., sound, animation, VFX]
- Integrating third-party SDKs and Unreal Engine updates
- work with technical artists and guide them on best practices in implementations
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Minimum of 4 years full time experience working as a software engineer within the games industry
- Excellent understanding of C++
- Experience with game engines
- Familiarity with command line tools and operations
- Experience with Unreal Engine is considered a plus
- English is required
This is a full-time permanent position, where the successful candidate will be working from home, with a long term view to relocate to Vancouver, Canada.
This role offers:
- Competitive salary
- Health and dental benefits
- Wellness spending account
- Retirement savings plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
- 3 weeks paid vacation and 2 weeks paid studio shutdown over the December holiday period
- Annual employee anniversary gifts
- Wonderful colleagues!
Offworld Industries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical and/or mental handicap, financial ability or any other characteristic protected by law.