Senior Community Manager
About Offworld Industries:
Offworld Industries Ltd. (OWI) is the independent studio behind the successful military first person shooter game, “Squad”. OWI was formed in 2014 by more than 15 developers who had worked together on the well known Project Reality mod for Battlefield 2. The founding purpose of the team was to bring a standalone successor of this acclaimed mod to market and build a game development studio and a livelihood from that foundation.
Fast forward to 2020, OWI has nearly 90 employees and is rapidly growing. We have been expanding the studio into both serving as a publisher supporting mods, as well as a technology provider building a framework for character based multiplayer games based in UE4.
We are built on passion, unified spirit and continuing efforts to break the mold. We strive to become a leader in creating large-scale multiplayer games as well as supplying others with the ability to do the same. We are looking for a talented Senior Community Manager for our current and upcoming Unreal Engine based multiplayer games. If you are passionate about making great games and a team player, we are looking for you!
What We’re Looking For:
OWI is looking for an experienced Senior Community Manager – someone that has worked on live hard core games in the past and is familiar with the intricacies of working within online communities across multiple channel types. While this position will function as an individual contributor, the role will also be responsible for providing guidance and mentorship to other community managers on the team. As a Senior Community Manager, you will be reporting into our Senior Product Marketing Manager and working with our marketing team to create and execute community strategies for OWI’s titles.
- Work in close partnership with our Marketing and Development teams to create and execute Community strategies for all of OWI's titles
- Serve as the voice of the players to both the Development and Marketing teams, to ensure player sentiment and needs are discussed and met via development and promotional efforts
- Work under direction from the Marketing team to support new content campaigns across our PC gaming titles
- Help oversee content creation calendars and social media engagement in partnership with our Social Media Marketing Manager
- Review and refine current community outreach efforts
- Guide fellow community team members through additional community outreach, fostering growth within our communities, and levelling up OWI’s approach to player engagement through various social media channels and influencers
- Assist in the cultivation and maintenance of relationships within our online communities, including with volunteer moderators
- Implement additional community reporting related to player sentiment across multiple channels and multiple products
- Partner with our internal developer teams to discuss and plan event, content roadmaps
Who We’re Looking For:
We’re looking for a professional candidate that is self-motivated, experienced with both the content generation and engagement aspects of Community Management, has a mind for mentorship and holds themselves to a high standard of work. You don’t require constant oversight to achieve your goals, and understand the need for both teamwork and individual ownership. You know the ins and outs of internet culture, understand the importance of expressing empathy, and are a strong writer. You have a mind for cultivating customer relationships, understand that our engaged player base is our most important asset, and the desire to problem solve wherever you see an opportunity for improvement. You also understand the importance of addressing toxicity within online spaces in order to cultivate more welcoming communities.
- 5+ years of Community Management experience, ideally within the PC or Console Gaming realm
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience providing formalized peer mentorship
- A solid understanding of the online gaming landscape
- Firsthand experience developing and executing Community content strategies, not just online moderation and engagement
- Experience analyzing the success of Community campaigns and iterating upon the findings to ensure further success of new campaigns
- Understand the importance of KPIs and are able to both establish and maintain them for the Community Team
- Understand what it takes to foster, grow and retain community relationships
- Has experience with project management software and social media management software
- Experienced with both long-form and short form writing, capable of context switching between writing blog posts, social media content, player facing announcements and internal reports
- A self-starter with proven experience working in a collaborative team setting, as well as able to own their own initiatives and work independently when needed
- A passion for video games and gaming culture
- The ability to speak and understand gamer lingo / slang
- The ability to work remotely within Pacific Standard business hours
This is a full-time permanent position, where the successful candidate will be working from home for now, with a long term view to relocate to Vancouver Canada.
This role offers:
- Competitive salary
- Health and dental benefits
- Wellness spending account
- 3 weeks paid vacation and 2 weeks paid studio shutdown over the December holiday period
- Annual employee anniversary gifts
- Wonderful colleagues!
If you meet the above qualifications, and OWI sounds like the kind of company you want to be a part of, please apply now with a cover letter and a copy of your resume.
Offworld Industries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, color, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical and/or mental handicap, financial ability or any other characteristic protected by law.