Junior Game Designer
About Offworld Industries
Offworld Industries Ltd. (OWI) is the independent studio behind the successful military first person shooter game, “Squad”. OWI was formed in 2014 by more than 15 developers who had worked together on the well known Project Reality mod for Battlefield 2. The founding purpose of the team was to bring a standalone successor of this acclaimed mod to market and build a game development studio and a livelihood from that foundation.
Fast forward to 2020, OWI has nearly 100 employees and is rapidly growing. We have been expanding the studio into both serving as a publisher supporting mods, as well as a technology provider building a framework for character based multiplayer games based in UE4.
We are built on passion, unified spirit and continuing efforts to break the mold. We strive to become a leader in creating large-scale multiplayer games as well as supplying others with the ability to do the same. We are looking for a talented Junior Game Designer for our current and upcoming Unreal Engine based multiplayer games. If you are passionate about making great games and a team player, we are looking for you!
- Being a contributor in a live multiplayer PC game.
- Designing, prototyping, implementing and refining core game systems.
- Developing new and existing features within UE4 using blueprint.
- Identifying design solutions to evolve game meta and shape overall user experience.
- Integrating and balancing game content within UE4.
- Working with team members to support and share knowledge of UE4 features / tools.
- Encourage creativity through sharing ideas and creating content with team members.
- Maintaining Game Design Documentation.
- Experience implementing gameplay mechanics and features.
- Experience in Game Design
- Excellent communication skills.
- Works well within a creative fast paced team.
- Ability to take and provide constructive feedback.
- Experience using UE4 Blueprints.
- Experience developing and maintaining a live product.
- Interest in military tactics and strategy.
- Experience with source control software (Perforce).
- Experience with task management software (Jira).
This is a full-time permanent position, where the successful candidate will be working from home.
This role offers:
- Competitive salary
- Health and dental benefits
- Wellness spending account
- 6 weeks vacation including a paid annual week-long company trip
- Wonderful colleagues!
If you meet the above qualifications, and OWI sounds like the kind of company you want to be a part of, please apply now with a cover letter, a copy of your resume, and a copy of your technical portfolio.
Offworld Industries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.