Odyssey Interactive is a Canadian Game Development studio formed around the mantra of building "Games you Live". We believe that the best games are the ones you think about long after you put them down, that help you feel like you're a part of something bigger than yourself, and that you believe you can invest in for years to come.
The studio is comprised of experienced devs from a large number of studios and games such as League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, Apex Legends, Call of Duty, Warframe and many more. We're a small, talent dense team that is looking to make accessible yet deep PvP games that are played by players all over the world by building games with them from the earliest points in our development process.
As a tech artist on our team, your focus will be on helping build out and support the character and art pipeline of a brand new IP, looking for ways to solve creative problems with technical solutions working closely with our character artists, animators, and other artists on the team.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Rigging characters and props to help our animators achieve the look and feel we're targeting with our style
- Set-up character assets in the engine (meshes, animation blueprints)
- Provide technical support to art and animation in both Maya and Unreal Engine
- Build asset generation pipelines and tools to make the lives of artists easier :D
- 4 years experience working as a tech artist in games or adjacent industries
- Experience with modern engines like Unity or Unreal
- Expertise in content creation tools like Maya and Blender
Nice to haves:
- Experience with shaders or modern rendering techniques a huge plus!
- Experience with cross platform development and knowledge of what limitations and opportunities exist in the space
- Experience working with, or passion for an anime art aesthetic
- Comprehensive health benefits.
- Unlimited paid-time-off policy with 2 week minimum enforced by the company as well as a week off between Christmas and New Years.
- Stock options in an early stage startup.
- Permanent Remote Work - or relocation assistance if you chose to join the team in Canada.