Odyssey Interactive is a Canadian Game Development studio formed around the mantra of building "Games you Live". We believe that the best games are the ones you think about long after you put them down, that help you feel like you're a part of something bigger than yourself, and that you believe you can invest in for years to come.
We're on a mission to build games with the same emotional potential as the games we fell in love with growing up, but designing them with a mobile first mindset. We believe the next generation of gamers is going to the be most connected, the most diverse, and the most relentlessly driven generation this world has ever seen - and for them phones aren't just a tool, they're an extension of their body. We believe they deserve the same quality of games that we feel in love with so many years ago.
The founding team is comprised of 4 former leads from Riot Games where we led teams such as a the League of Legends Balance Team, the League of Legends Champion Design team, and the development of Teamfight Tactics - and are excited to try to build a world class studio with an awesome team...a team that you could be a part of!
Are you the type of person who picks aparts the games they play, reverse engineering content or features to figure out how they work, especially when they don’t? Do you have experience supporting teams with testing frameworks that give them confidence in the quality of what they’re building? Do you have refined razors to determine when an issue is truly critical, versus those little ear flicks that don’t really get in the way of fun? Well hot damn please read on!
- 3+ years experience working in QA in the video game industry - ideally leading the testing efforts of feature/content teams.
- You can articulate issues to designers, engineers, and artists in ways they all understand.
- You’ve worked with and coordinated an external QA team to further enhance your efforts in providing players a stable experience.
- Experience with modern issue tracking software such as Jira, Trello etc.
- Excited to work as part of a small knit team, and your teammates are excited to work with you.
- Genuine ambition and excitement to rise to the challenge of trying to help us take on the titans of the industry.
- Oh….and a lifelong love of games!
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with games-as-a-service models
- Experience with modern game engines (Unreal/Unity)
- Experience making assets for mobile
Things you don’t need:
- A fancy big name studio on your resume. We care far more about your personal competency and potential, not where you’ve worked.
- A degree (unless needed for immigration) - some of the best creatives we’ve ever worked with never finished school.
- Dental/Vision/Pharmacare coverage. Canada has universal health care, so you and your family will be covered by OHIP.
- Open paid-time-off policy with 2 week minimum enforced by the company. We trust you to take time off when you need it.
- Competitive salaries (benchmarked to Canada) that value your experience and dedication.
- Stock options in an early stage startup. We want you to be motivated to stick with us for the long haul.
- Annual game stipend. We can all learn so much from new games coming out.