(Closed) SQE, Plastic
As part of Facebook Reality Labs Mechanics Quality team, you will be a key member to work closely with XFN teams to manage all quality issues at vendor factories, setup world class quality control plan and quality system, and also deliver world class quality products for downstream. We are working together to create the future.
SQE, plastic Responsibilities
- Working with the mechanical engineering team and purchasing team on the supplier selection. Risk assessment and qualification for both product and process of individual mechanical component supplier and subassembly level manufacturer.
- Quality plan definition, alignment and execution for the suppliers and subassembly level manufacturer which includes PFMEA, control plan, CTQ processes, correlated inspection and tester correlation between suppliers and subassembly level manufacturer, reliability qualification and monitoring plan, quality reporting, traceability etc.
- Working with the engineering team on process development for the subassembly level part in the development stages.
- Review and setup measurement SOP and do alignment in the supply chain.
- Working with the engineering team to initiate and define mechanical modules cosmetic inspection method and acceptance criteria.
- Leading for quality problem solving and yield improvement for the mechanical modules and their components level part.
- Proactive quality monitoring system setup for the purchased mechanical modules and components level part in supplier factory.
- Provide onsite support at enclosure vendor for each engineering build and drive manufacturing process developments and yield improvements.
- Monitor each vendors performance and prepare for QBR.
- Coaching the vendors and contractors for SQE tools(GR&R, Correlation, Yield bridge etc), data analysis skills, DOE, FACA etc.
- BSME or equivalent, 8+ years of experience in mechanical manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of GD&T, Metrology design, Measurement fixture design, AIM design.
- Experience with mechanical enclosure manufacturing process like injection molding, die castings, CNC, PVD, Anodizing, coating etc. Expertise in plastic injection molding process will be a plus for this position.
- Proficient in use of JMP/Minitab, Tableaus, Excel other tools to do the data analysis .
- Ability to contribute constructively to technical debate that leads to better product designs.
- Sufficient experience in supplier quality planing, IQC/IPQC/OQC and FA.
- Expertise at CMF, Cosmetic inspection criteria create, cosmetic yield study and limit sample assessment to support ID define CMF/cosmetic standard.
- Work independently with US design team to review the product design, TA, defining critical dimensions and review metrology design with suppliers.
- Experience with NPI supplier quality developments and a solid understanding of problem solving tools including DOEs, RCCA and statistics process control principles preferred.
- Good written and oral communication in English
- Good communication, problem-solving, collaboration skills
- Willing to travel (include overseas) up to 60%
About the Facebook company
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or who are neurodivergent, and to candidates with sincerely held religious beliefs or requiring pregnancy related support. If you need support, please reach out to [email protected]