Factory Operations Manager
As a part of China Factory Operations for Oculus, you will be responsible managing day to day operations with our global manufacturing partners in China. You will be a key member of the Technical Operations team and will partner closely with advanced manufacturing engineering , supplier quality, test engineering, logistics, trade compliance, legal and our contract manufacturing partners providing early and ongoing manufacturing involvement to ensure new products are manufacturing-capable from concept, to mass production and through end of life. The main focus will be to launch our high-quality products cost competitively, and with the focused responsiveness to ensure product availability in the channels at the required times. You’ll be responsible for on the ground operations in our Final Assembly, Test, and Packout Facilities (FATP) and ensure execution as agreed to by several x-functional teams. Ensuring partner compliance with our launch volumes, costs, quality, reliability and social responsibility are also key metrics for this role.
Factory Operations Manager Responsibilities
- Ideal candidates are those who have rich experience with high volume mass production background in consumer electronics industry. Candidates must have solid background with manufacturing process. This must also be complemented with strong interpersonal and communication skills, keen focus on driving business results, ability to work in ambiguous environments, and strong willingness to collaborate and optimize overall business objectives.
- Working with our contract manufacturing partners to design and layout the FATP line by applying lean and Six Sigma technology. This will be done in collaboration with other x-functional teams.
- Ensuring partners are applying ultimate quality practices at FATP and including incoming components and modules.
- Driving yield and UPH improvements with our partners and in collaboration with other x-functional teams.
- Driving cost and cycle time reductions with our partners and in collaboration with other x-functional teams.
- Driving ramp and MP readiness
- Execution to Product Development Process and all associated Phase Gates.
- Develop manufacturing processes at the factory and drive line qualifications by working with x-functional teams and CM partners.
- Drive cost and cycle time reduction through line balancing, and line automation.
- Drive FACA (Failure Analysis Corrective Action) and yield bridge to mass production with our partners and other x-functional teams.
- Influence product manufacturability, testability, serviceability, reliability, flexibility and cost effectiveness by coordinating cross-functional teams during early development and ramp.
- 8+ years of experience in Operations engineering activities.
- Demonstrated technical skills and experience, including a detailed understanding of Final Assembly, Test, Pack and SMT processes.
- Solid background driving Contract Manufactures.
- Ability to operate in dynamic, fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Fluent written and spoken English and Mandarin.
- Experience in using process driven and analytical approaches to problem-solving (Six Sigma, 8D, FMEA, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of data analysis and statistics.
- Proven project management experience (Planning, Cost, & Delivery).
- Proven strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to frequent travel within Mainland China with some travel to Asia Pacific region and US.
- Experience with transfer / set-up/ qualify manufacturing in different areas/ region
- Experience with automated system bring up and qualification
- Experience with data analysis using JMP
- Experience with GD&T & tolerance analysis
- Experience with optical systems and or Clean room setup
About the Facebook company
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or who are neurodivergent, and to candidates with sincerely held religious beliefs or requiring pregnancy related support. If you need support, please reach out to [email protected]