Senior Content Designer
Obsidian Entertainment is looking for an experienced Senior Content Designer to join us in creating amazing gameplay experiences for our next, world-class role-playing game.
This designer will work closely with artists to produce interesting 3D levels with exciting gameplay and engaging visual storytelling. Responsibilities include designing the layout and moment-to-moment gameplay flow for exterior and interior gameplay spaces, populating them with combat encounters, enemy scripting, scripted sequences, challenges, and rewards. The ideal candidate has an established track record designing fun and exciting levels.
- Design 3D layouts emphasizing player exploration in visually compelling environments
- Design and script engaging combat encounters and challenging stealth puzzles
- Collaborate closely with narrative designers and environment artists to create intriguing visual storytelling moments within your levels
- Author and maintain design documentation and requirements for your levels
- Contribute to all aspects of game design
- 5 years experience or at least two full product development cycles as a designer in an area creation role with at least one shipped title
- Proficiency with modern game editors such as UE4, CryEngine, Source, or equivalent
- An active gamer with a love of computer and console role-playing and action games
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Able to adhere to tight schedules and the ability to assist others in meeting deadlines
- Working knowledge of Unreal Engine 4
- Experience working on games with role-playing elements
- Proficiency with 3ds Max, Maya, or XSI
- Programming or scripting experience
- A playable portfolio level built in a commercial 3D game engine
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please no phone calls or drop-ins. We only accept electronic applications.