Quality Assurance Analyst Intern
Obsidian Entertainment is looking for a Quality Assurance Intern to join us for our Obsidian University Internship Program and help make our next world-class role-playing game.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience playing games across a wide variety of genres and platforms, including RPGs, and will demonstrate a strong desire to learn and improve the games they work on. Responsibilities will include doing your best to break game systems and content, writing up clear and concise bug reports, and providing feedback to the entire development team so we can make the best games possible.
- Test game features and content to ensure the final product matches the intended design
- Log clear and detailed bug reports, regress issues, and help maintain a bug database
- Collaborate with other team members to identify, reproduce, and resolve issues
- Develop, update, and execute test plans to track testing and development progress
- Collect data, attend strike team meetings, and provide subjective feedback to assist in the development of the game
- Strong attention to detail, including the ability to analyze complex game systems/mechanics
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Passionate about games, specifically RPGs
- An unquenchable thirst for learning
- Previous experience testing games or other software
- Experience creating game mods, participating in game jams, or doing any other hobbyist game development
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins. We only accept electronic applications.