(Closed) Site Reliability Engineer - GeForce NOW
We are now looking for a Site Reliability Engineer!
Site Reliability Engineering is an engineering discipline to design, build and maintain large scale production systems with high efficiency and availability using the combination of software and systems engineering practices. This is a highly specialized discipline which demand knowledge across different systems, networking, coding, database, capacity management, continuous delivery and deployment.
NVIDIA is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to join its GeForce Now (GFN) team. SRE at NVIDIA ensures that our internal and external facing GPU cloud gaming services have reliability and uptime as promised to the users and at the same time enabling developers to make changes to the existing system through careful preparation and planning while keeping an eye on capacity, latency and performance. SRE is also a mindset and a set of engineering approaches to running better production systems and optimizations. Much of our software development focuses on eliminating manual work through automation, performance tuning and growing efficiency of production systems. As SREs are responsible for the big picture of how our systems relate to each other, we use a breadth of tools and approaches to tackle a broad spectrum of problems. Practices such as limiting time spent on reactive operational work, blameless postmortems and proactive identification of potential outages factor into iterative improvement that is key to both product quality and interesting and dynamic day-to-day work.
The person in this position will be responsible for Service Response and Workflows and will drive tools/service development to maintain and improve service SLOs. We partner with Service Owners to drive reliability of the service. The GFN Service is an exciting service in the newly growing game streaming industry. This is a rare opportunity to work on multi-OSes, multi-cloud platforms, and proprietary hardware with NVIDIA GPUs.
What you will be doing:
- Rapidly debug and triage incidents and user-reported issues
- Make valuable contribution to the overall health, performance, and reliability of GFN and Infrastructure Services.
- Taking ownership of automating, scripting, and tooling of new/existing scripts to help the team achieve 100% automation of daily tasks
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity management and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Practice balanced incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Be part of an on call rotation to support production systems
What we need to see:
- MS or BS in Computer Science/Engineering or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 2-4 years experience supporting technical operations in a live-site production environment with a real passion for automation and tooling.
- Make valuable contributions to the incident management process for early detection of all service-impacting issues, accurate triage, partner communication, impact containment, service restoration, and post-incident follow-up.
- Experience with scripting and development in various languages (Python, bash, Perl). Taking a manual, time consuming and error prone process and fully automating the steps with a “one-click” rapid solution.
- Proven strengths in problem-solving and root causing issues, while continuously seeking ways to drive optimization, efficiency and the bottom line.
- Experience with monitoring and/or automation platforms crafting alerts and building service automations.
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Previous experience with Zabbix and PagerDuty alerting or similar monitoring systems. Development, support, and scripting against these systems is helpful
- Jenkins (or similar CI/CD) setup, configuration, deployment is a requirement
- Excellent scripting: Python, Perl, bash, windows scripts (VBS/PowerShell)
- Experience with Kibana, Grafana, Elastic Search, and Watchers is a plus
- Excellent communication, presentation, social, and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex interaction concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Experience with Stack Storm, Prometheus, and Kubernetes and similar are bonuses.
- Prior experience as an SRE or Service Engineering is a huge plus.
NVIDIA is widely considered to be one of the technology world’s most desirable employers. We have some of the most forward-thinking and hardworking people in the world working for us. If you're creative and autonomous, we want to hear from you.
NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.