(Closed) Senior Software Engineer, Content Operations - Gaming
NVIDIA is now seeking a Senior Software Engineer to become a member of GFN Content Operations team supporting our first-class GeForce NOW gaming solution. As a team member, you will support and improve distributed multi-technology system responsible for preparation and delivery of game builds. You will combine operations, development and testing roles to provide high availability and fault tolerance to the system.
What you'll be doing:
- Perform daily operational duties with constant seeking for the process and system improvement.
- Develop components and microservices for the system on a different levels of technology stack, including system core, monitoring, testing & alerting.
- Build automated game patching handlers, meeting with engineering challenges and interesting corner cases.
- Add new games and other content to the GeForce NOW service.
- Act as an on-call engineer along with other team members.
What we need to see:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 8+ years in experience doing software development. C++/ Python or similar high-level programming language (Perl or PHP) expertise.
- Understanding of Game Software development and basic Game Engine work principles. Understanding of Cloud-based services infrastructure.
- Good social skills, effective verbal and written communication.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Self-motivation, engagement, openness, integrity, ability to learn and develop.
- We appreciate if you have gaming background and love playing games.
- Ability and willing to develop documentation for software solutions and operational processes is highly desired
- We will be happy to see reverse engineering experience.
- Understanding of 3D graphics technology, game settings and game performance will be a huge plus.
- Experience in high-availability system support is appreciated.
Widely considered to be one of the technology world’s most desirable employers, NVIDIA is an industry leader with groundbreaking developments in High-Performance Computing, Artificial Intelligence and Visualization. The GPU, our invention, serves as the visual cortex of modern computers and is at the heart of our products and services. Our work opens up new universes to explore, enables amazing creativity and discovery and powers what were once science fiction inventions from artificial intelligence to autonomous cars.
NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.