Senior Data Engineer
At NVIDIA, our employees are passionate about parallel and GPU computing. We’re united in our quest to transform the way graphics are used for work and play. Are you passionate about creating ground-breaking software for creative and innovative customer experience? Do you thrive in an extremely high performance environment? If so, then we want you to join our Digital Marketing team. The rewards are sweet and include collaborating with some of the smartest people in the industry, an aggressive compensation plan that rewards top performers, and the opportunity to work on products that transform the way people work and play.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will be a member of NVIDIA’s Digital Marketing platform innovation team. You'll be architecting data pipelines, responsible for end-to-end development, and building applications at scale. Using Agile methodologies to design and develop back end using our software stack to improve customer experiences for both our consumer (GeForce.com) and enterprise businesses (NVIDIA.com). If you have a passion for innovation and driving amazing experiences based on integrating / handling large data sets, we are looking for you. You are comfortable working on complex data platforms, developing core marketing and ecommerce tech stack and the core data management platform. Ability to work under a minimal amount of supervision and act as a problem solver and be a standout colleague who knows how to work, think and learn as a team.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Architect solutions for complex data platforms, and large scale CI/CD data pipelines utilizing a variety of technologies (REST APIs, Advanced SQL, Amazon S3, Apache Kafka, Data-Lakes, etc.), relational databases (MySQL), and data warehouse solutions (RedShift)
- Responsible for end-to-end development, starting from requirements gathering with business and engineering partners to deployment to product systems using Agile development methodology
- Work with analytics, data science and wider engineering teams across NVIDIA to help with automating data analysis and visualization needs, advise on transformation processes to populate data models, and explore ways to design and develop data infrastructure
- Develop intelligent, insightful self-reporting tools operating on terabytes of structured and non-structured data, and ensure high accuracy in working with the data
What We Need To See
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years as data engineer / backend software engineer, or related experience, and experience developing in variety of object oriented (specifically Java) and scripting languages to integrate different data systems
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational / non-relational databases, schema design, and excellent SQL troubleshooting skills working with large datasets
- Extensive experience developing for high/elastic scalable, 24x7x365 high availability digital marketing or ecommerce systems
- Strong background on ETL development, data modeling, metadata management, and data quality, data retention, and data cleansing with exposure to GDPR/CCPA compliance requirements
- Recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality for the whole data platform
- Experience with implementing CI/CD processes using tools such as Maven, GIT, Jenkins, and with monitoring and alerting for production systems
- Worked on AWS services - DMS Jobs, Lambda, S3, Redshift, SNS (or Apache Kafka), SQS, Redis, Data-Lakes, and AWS cloud deployment models
- Strong analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills, have a hunger to learn, and the ability to operate in a fast-paced rapidly changing environment
Ways To Stand Out From The Crowd
- Architect level experience as a data engineer developing and deploying using Docker and Kubernetes on cloud technologies
- Experience with integrating click-stream (e.g. Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics) and batch-mode web-based data-telemetry for collection, persistence, visualization, and campaign based targeting
- Experience on working with technologies such as Kibana/Elastic, Spark 2.x, Tableau, MuleSoft
- Exposure to ML “Machine Learning” concepts
With competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, we are widely considered to be one of the technology world’s most desirable employers. We have some of the most forward-thinking people in the world working for us and, due to unprecedented growth, our business development teams are rapidly growing. If you're creative and autonomous with a real passion for you work, we want to hear from you.
NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.