(Closed) Developer Technology Performance Engineer - Gaming
We are looking for a Developer Technology Performance Engineer to focus on performance analysis and optimization for real-time games.
For two decades, NVIDIA has pioneered visual computing, the art and science of computer graphics. With our invention of the GPU, the field has expanded to encompass PC games, movie production, product design, medical diagnosis and scientific research. Today, visual computing is becoming increasingly central to how people interact with technology, and our team is a natural home for people who are passionate about computer graphics.
What you'll be doing:
- Optimize specific games for GeForce GPUs.
- Develop GPU performance analysis tools.
- Participate with some of the most talented, ground-breaking game developers throughout the world.
- Interact closely with the driver and architecture teams at NVIDIA to ensure the best possible experience on GeForce GPUs.
- Collaborate with developers on 3D rendering engines.
- Play with the latest GPU technology to develop new techniques using GPUs, create technical demos, write blogs and present your work at conferences.
What we need to see:
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Good knowledge of 3D graphics and GPU technologies, including shaders, shading languages and rendering techniques.
- Proficient in C++ with strong software development, optimization, and debugging skills.
- You have a strong software engineering background.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Open to travel for developers visits and for conferences.
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Ability to learn. Do you rise to new challenges?
- A deep understanding of GPU performance and architectures.
- Experience with tools for analysing and optimizing GPU performance.
- Experience with optimizing shaders; be happy reading shader assembler and GPU microcode or willing to learn.
- Experience with real-time 3D APIs such as Vulkan, OpenGL or DirectX.
With highly competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, NVIDIA is widely considered to be one of the technology world's most desirable employers. We have some of the most forward-thinking and talented people on the planet working for us and, due to unprecedented growth, our world-class engineering teams are expanding fast. If you're a creative and autonomous engineer with a sincere passion for technology, we would like to hear from you!
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.