Content Operations Engineer - GeForce NOW
NVIDIA is seeking an outstanding Software Engineer to become a member of GFN Content Operations team supporting our GeForce NOW gaming solution. As a team member, you will support and improve our distributed multi-technology system responsible for preparation and delivery of game builds from various publishers. You will combine operations, development and testing roles to provide high availability and fault tolerance to the system.
What You'll Be Doing
- As an operational engineer, you will join a team that ensures our processes work flawlessly, takes operational duties seriously, and seeks process and system improvement.
- You'll have the opportunity to develop components and microservices for the system at different levels of the technology stack, including system core, monitoring, testing & alerting.
- Look for improvements to our automated game patching system, addressing engineering challenges and interesting corner cases.
- Join with the team in making top games and other content available to our customers on the GeForce NOW service!
- Participate as an on-call engineer along with other team members. In this capacity, you will work closely with other teams to ensure smooth operation of the overall service.
What We Need To See
A successful engineer in this role will love problem solving, seek operational excellence, and enjoy teamwork. They will find satisfaction in providing support for customers and other teams, knowing that their work has impacted the success of others. We expect you to work well in an active environment where we constantly balance between process quality and execution speed. You must have strong technical skills, data driven mentality, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You'll need to have basic software development skills with knowledge of C++, Python or a similar high-level programming language. An understanding of game software development and basic game engine principles would be huge, as would experience with Cloud-based service infrastructure.
- BA in CS or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of hands-on game software development.
- Basic knowledge of Java or C++, Python.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
Ways To Stand Out From The Crowd
- A love for developing or playing games. Even more, knowing what makes a game look and play great on various systems.
- A keen eye for writing documentation for software solutions and operational processes.
- Knowledge of GPU technologies and the gaming ecosystem is great! Understanding of 3D graphic technology, game settings and game performance puts you over the top.
- Ever done reverse engineering? Have we got a job for you!
- Helps to have programming skills in Python, C++ , Perl, AutoIT, PHP, Java, Lua Script, SQL.
- Experience in high-availability system support is appreciated.
NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.