(Closed) Architect, GeForce NOW - Cloud
NVIDIA has continuously reinvented itself over two decades. Our invention of the GPU in 1999 sparked the growth of the PC gaming market, redefined modern computer graphics, and revolutionized parallel computing. More recently, GPU deep learning ignited modern AI — the next era of computing. NVIDIA is a “learning machine” that constantly evolves by adapting to new opportunities which are hard to tackle, which only we can pursue, and which matter to the world. This is our life’s work: to amplify human inventiveness and intelligence. Make the choice to join us today.
GeForce NOW is NVIDIA's Cloud Gaming service streaming games at the highest quality to any and every user regardless of their device types and capabilities – low-end PCs, Macs, or mobile devices. Using the most advanced GPUs and NVIDIA proprietary software, GeForce NOW transforms the gaming experience with always up-to-date games on always latest hardware, a streaming experience rivaling that of a local PC, and near-instant launch – just click and play!
What you’ll be doing:
- Serve as technical evangelist and critical contributor participating in the architecture process, defining the vision and meaningful cross-cutting concerns that drive software system architecture.
- Will be responsible for analyzing customer needs (via use cases, requirements, or like) and identifying the required architectural facets.
- Develop initial architecture specifications; build architecture artifacts and prototypes as necessary to identify risk and effort during development of applications that employ the architecture.
- Responsible for identifying components, frameworks and best-in-class patterns for integration within the software products.
- Participate in the development of frameworks and subsystems necessary to build high performance, scalable and secure applications.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining documentation for the artifacts created during the SDLC.
- Work with other members of the Architecture team to ensure continuous improvement and iterative evolution of the architecture.
- Instrumental in the advocacy, research, development and integration of best-in-class architecture and/ architecture components to build differentiated solutions that support & grow the business.
- As such, you own technical requirements, design and architecture of the service. You have a consistent track record of delivery in terms of both features and service “ilities” (availability, scalability, and maintainability) and be adept at making informed and accurate trade-offs among contending ends.
- Partner closely with peer organizations to achieve business success in the GPU Cloud space, including SW development teams to continuously drive improvements in service reliability, using strong SW engineer processes, superb tools, and influential strategies.
What we need to see:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent program from an accredited University/College; Have 15+ years of software development or equivalent experience; 5+ years of experience in designing and architecting micro-services across multiple product areas.
- Hands on experience with designing, prototyping, building and running best-of-breed Cloud Services (SaaS; large scale distributed systems).
- Proven experience taking mobile and cloud products from inception to successful release and adoption.
- Working knowledge with DevOps automation tools such as Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Ansible etc.
- Working knowledge in container and container management technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, DC/OS).
- Working knowledge in one of the following languages: Java, Python, C/C++or other.
- Working knowledge in NoSQL (Cassandra, HBase, MongoDB, Cloudera Impala, Dynamo, Redis, other).
- Experience with data management and data integration technologies (Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, other) is desired.
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive.
- Strong self-initiative, interpersonal skills, and the flexibility to quickly synthesize new ideas and concepts.
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- You are a passionate perfectionist with an ever positive, can-do attitude.
- Demonstrate use of out-of-box thinking for creative solutions to highly sticky problems.
- You'll be a fun and enthusiastic teammate who enjoys a challenge and celebrates success.
NVIDIA is widely considered to be one of the technology world’s most desirable employers. We have some of the most brilliant and talented people on the planet working for us. If you're creative and autonomous, we want to hear from you!
NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.