(Closed) Full-Stack Software Engineer (Experienced, Ruby)
Nuuvem.com is one of the largest digital distribution platforms in Latin America. We are moving into becoming a universal platform to buy, discuss, and interact about games globally.
For this opening, we are looking for really experienced developers.
You will be joining a team of highly skilled web and game industry enthusiasts building solutions in an agile and passionate environment. Teamwork is essential, as well as being a knowledge seeker and self-sufficient when needed.
You need to be obsessed with delivering high-quality pieces of code quickly, envisioning any feature as part of the platform's full value, without losing your focus on getting things done. Security and performance must be your top-level priorities.
This job opportunity is valid for either remote work anywhere in Brazil or in our Rio de Janeiro headquarters.
- Design, develop, and test new features for the platform.
- Lead researches and experiments when dealing with new and challenging requirements.
- Maintain and improve the current codebase by quickly fixing bugs and refactoring problematic code when needed.
- Write unit and integration tests for new features and bug fixes.
- You have working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
- You're passionate about technology (and games!).
- You can understand business requirements and translate them into technical definitions.
- You can make powerful questions — from this, we will (re)define user stories, acceptance criteria, specification. Always questioning (without losing focus).
- You're a big picture viewer and obsessed with (relevant) details.
- You're also results/delivery driven and a problem solver.
- You love to write beautiful code!
OUR BELIEFS (hope yours too!)
- Pair programming is always good (even on me and myself scenario).
- Quality and quantity are in a balance — we must find this equilibrium.
- A great product is about a great experience and value delivered.
- Listening is more important than saying. Showing is better than telling.
- Self-sufficient Linux or macOS user and does not fear the Terminal;
- Strong Ruby on Rails background (3+ years) with TDD/BDD (unit and integration), Git, code reviewing, continuous integration, and development/test environments;
- Solid PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and Redis knowledge;
- Experience building and consuming APIs and maintaining microservices-based apps;
- Some experience with other programming languages like Python, Node.js, Scala, Go;
- Highly proficient in written English and at least good working knowledge of spoken English.
- Knows a little bit about Puppet and Capistrano.
- Basic understanding on how Amazon Web Services works.
Are you ready to play with us? Press START!