(Closed) Head Esports Coach
Northern Michigan University is hiring a Head Esports Coach.
Work Schedule: Nine month position; time off to be arranged with supervisor; variable shift/variable days depending upon playing schedule, recruiting demands and department events.
Required Minimum Work Experience:
- Competitive Esports experience involving multi-player online video games with team-based elements.
- Demonstrated commitment to the academic success of student-athletes.
- On- and off-campus recruitment of student-athletes.
Knowledge, skills, abilities or attributes required.
- Knowledge of governing body compliance rules.
- Education and Training-Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Administration and Management-Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Instructing-Teaching others how to do something.
- Oral and Written Communication-Active listening, speaking, and writing which ensures comprehension and understanding in both the speaker and target audience.
- Time Management-Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Social Perceptiveness-Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Coordination-Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Monitoring-Monitoring/assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Critical Thinking-Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- The ability to organize effectively.
- The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- The ability to come up with unusual or original ideas about a given topic or situation, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
- The ability to establish a good rapport and effective working relationship with student-athletes, coaches, assistant coaches, administrators, college faculty and staff, alumni, professional colleagues, and the general public.
- The ability to actively look for ways to help people.
- Expertise with video analysis.
- The ability to work effectively under stressful and high-pressure situations.
- The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
Please see the external application website for more information on applying.