Senior Systems Programmer
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Nixxes Software is an industry-leading Dutch company specializing in video game design, development and porting.
Working alongside global partners since 1999, our work is fueled by a love for gaming and commitment to innovation. Our Utrecht based team prides itself on delivering the best possible experience for every gamer, regardless of platform.
In July 2021 Nixxes joined PlayStation Studios to focus on delivering the highest-quality gameplay experiences for PlayStation fans.
What we are looking for:
A highly collaborative, passionate, and skilled Senior Systems Programmer that can support our teams improving our tools and game systems for upcoming AAA titles.
- Have at least 5 years of previous experience as a programmer in the games industry or a related industry
- Pragmatic, hands-on problem solving mentality.
- Fluent in C++ and other applicable programming languages;
- You aim to design and write well-structured, readable and maintainable code.
- Strong debugging skills
- Strong understanding of optimisation techniques.
- Work well in a team and on a large code base.
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English.
- Excellent understanding of code performance and complexity.
- Work well in an environment with deadlines and milestones
- (Native) Dutch speaker.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.