IT Support Engineer
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Nixxes Software is an industry-leading Dutch company specializing in video game design, development and porting.
Working alongside global partners since 1999, our work is fueled by a love for gaming and commitment to innovation. Our Utrecht based team prides itself on delivering the best possible experience for every gamer, regardless of platform.
In July 2021 Nixxes joined PlayStation Studios to focus on delivering the highest-quality gameplay experiences for PlayStation fans.
What you’ll be doing:
- Help with maintenance of all hardware in the company.
- Assisting our main IT engineer and development staff with standard hardware and software issues, on Windows workstations
What we are looking for:
- Communicates with directness/candor and is adept at conflict resolution.
- High standards of respect and values strong team work .
- Adapts swimmingly to changing circumstances.
- Positive thinker with an ambitious drive towards quality and success.
- Strong understanding of PC hardware. Especially as it relates to gaming and performance.
- Can independently build PCs from components and/or upgrade them.
- Familiarity with administering Windows workstations.
- Game industry & development experience.
- Interest in the technical aspects of AAA game development.
- Experience working with languages like Python, C#, C++.
- Some experience with game engines like Unity or Unreal.
- (Native) Dutch speaker.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.