Nintendo of America Inc.
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold billions of video games and hundreds of millions of hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™ family of systems, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™, and Wii U™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo’s operations in the Americas. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company’s website.
Nintendo is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a welcoming and inclusive environment in service to one another, our products, the diverse consumers we represent, and the communities we call home. We do all of this with kindness, empathy and respect for each other.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Acts as the advanced analytics expert for the team
- Drives process improvements towards further efficiencies within Retail Strategy and with cross-functional teams through forecasting, inventory control, etc.
- Leads business performance analysis to all levels - up to and including the executive team – on the following: forecasting product launches and established platforms / segments, analyzing promotional effectiveness, projecting trade spending, and tracking store level KPIs
- Resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways using various professional concepts to meet company objectives
- Coaches and mentors less experienced Business Analysts
- Translates data analysis results into business recommendations and business questions into an analysis framework
- Partners with stakeholders to understand business goals, develop reports and dashboards, as well as ad hoc analysis that will provide business insights and add value to decision makers
- Consults with Customer Business Managers (CBMs) to develop and execute sales analysis utilizing retailer-specific software, market share data, and promotional information
- Expertly communicates key trends / insights to, and works closely with, cross-functional partners and Retail customers
- Investigates and evaluates opportunities while uncovering insights in support of NOA business objectives
- Advises on and analyzes weekly/monthly sales for both specific accounts and the region/market
- Maintains contact with accounts to stay current on market activity and sales trends
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- 7-10 years of related experience
- Excellent analytical skills, with demonstrated abilities in forecasting and integrating / synthesizing information from multiple sources
- Exceptional communicator who can drive insights into actions that directly impact and improve Nintendo’s business results
- Understanding of market dynamics, current retail landscape, and key consumer trends; ability to develop business recommendations based on market activity
- Ability to work with extremely large datasets
- Experience with data modeling or statistics
- Experience working with data visualization tools such as Tableau/PowerBI to analyze & present data
- Proficiency in MS Office suite; Access, Demantra, and NPD helpful, but not required
- MS Excel mastery required
- Ability to understand and pick up various account-specific data systems (i.e.: Partners Online, Retail Link)
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Marketing, a related field, or equivalent