Nintendo of America Inc.
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold billions of video games and hundreds of millions of hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™ family of systems, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™, and Wii U™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo’s operations in the Americas. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company’s website.
Nintendo is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a welcoming and inclusive environment in service to one another, our products, the diverse consumers we represent, and the communities we call home. We do all of this with kindness, empathy and respect for each other.
This team is focused on middleware, working primarily with AWS Serverless technologies to provide a data integration platform for global Nintendo systems.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Serves as liaison between business constituents and internal/global IT teams to provide support of existing systems and collaborate on strategic roadmaps to align business initiatives and product development.
- Conducts advanced research and analysis of client business processes in order to make recommendations and exert influence on project direction or decide sub-project direction.
- Assess the feasibility and cost effectiveness of proposed solutions and advise clients and key stakeholders.
- Partners with constituents to define ongoing technology needs, ensuring that needs are documented, costed, and prioritized appropriately, and that a mid to long-term solutions delivery schedule is established.
- Works collaboratively with software engineers to define and translate requirements into developed solutions.
- Drives technical and application support with third party vendors.
- Manages software development lifecycle (SDLC) activities, including requirements gathering, design, configurations, planning, creating and executing test cases and analyzing results.
- Trains employees in areas of expertise relating to application, database, security, operating systems or other technical aspects.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments, mentors and coordinates activities of other personnel.
- Provides support and troubleshooting of complex technology solutions.
- Ensures work is completed in such a way to comply with established best practices, compliance regulations and internal controls.
- Provides on-call support as needed.
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- Typically requires a minimum of 7 years of related experience in various software development technologies, patterns and practices.
- Wide-ranging experience in business analysis using professional concepts to meet company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Wide-ranging experience with work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Ability to perform Structured System Analysis.
- Strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle Methodologies (SDLC).
- Proficiency with automated and manual testing.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Post-graduate coursework may be desirable or required.