Sr. Architect - Cloud Application & Data
Nintendo of America Inc.
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold more than 4.7 billion video games and more than 740 million hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™ family of systems, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™ and Wii U™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo’s operations in the Americas. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company’s website at http://www.nintendo.com.
Seasoned, experienced professional with unique knowledge and recognized expertise in multiple business and technical domains including enterprise architectures and standards and the research and experimentation of current and evolving trends. Performs and reviews complex business and technical analysis, design and supports the software development cycle using appropriate technologies to support department and company objectives. Performs and reviews complex enterprise architectures and standards, focusing on cloud based application and data architectures.
Description Of Duties
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel across multiple areas
- Define long-term plans for NOA IT evolution, partnering with other IT leadership, with a focus on:
- Creating well-informed application and data architecture strategies.
- Regularly evaluate cloud services, frameworks and best practices.
- Work closely with IT Security to adopt and implement application and data security best practices.
- Support development teams in selection and use of data technologies and practices.
- Work with the application teams to define and implement roadmaps for services and applications as we transition to cloud.
- Participates in the development of a common, enterprise-wide cloud strategy.
- Review adherence to our selected architectural principles, standards, and tools through architectural reviews and/or testing.
- Help to maintain compliance with regulations (e.g. JSOX, HIPAA, COPPA) with regard to areas like security frameworks, control systems, etc.
- Assist the overall architect team in developing the foundational frameworks for creation and delivery of software and infrastructure services across NOA, and in some cases across NCL, in areas like:
- Serverless Applications, Containers, tools and standards, including monitoring, SLAs, security
- Infrastructure layers to support services, working closely with the infrastructure teams
- Security (application and infrastructure layers)
- Enterprise-scale Cloud Integration Platforms
- Assessing technical architectures, infrastructures and applications to identify opportunities to document and define reusable processes, components, objects and data.
- Defining and documenting processes, services, data and objects to ensure that technical solutions take advantage of defined standards and ensure interoperability between and across solutions.
- Participating in architectural assessments (along with Chief architect and other architects) to drive reusability and adoption.
Summary Of Requirements
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience in design and implementation of enterprise applications, IT architectures, IT modeling.
- Experience in the development of a common, enterprise-wide cloud strategy.
- Wide-ranging professional experience, including proven experience participating in work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Experience in multiple technical and business domains including Oracle, Microsoft, and Open Source technologies.
- Proven track record as a team or project team significant contributor.
- Experience with Enterprise Architecture constructs.
- Full understanding of software lifecycle for both package and custom developed software.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Industrial Engineering, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans....valuing diversity…celebrating strengths.