Nintendo Technology Development
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold more than 4.7 billion video games and more than 740 million hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™ family of systems, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™ and Wii U™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo Technology Development, based in Redmond, Washington, creates future hardware/software technology and researches North American-based technologies.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- 1-3 years’ experience as a C/C++ software engineer
- Knowledge of Bluetooth and WiFi specifications.
- Knowledge of other wireless standards such as 5G, LTE, Zigbee, SigFox, or LoRa, desirable.
- Knowledge of networking and WLAN protocols, such as TCP, UDP, IP, is desirable.
- Experience with software development in Linux environment.
- Knowledge of Bash, Python and Git, desirable.
- Ability to drive difficult issues to a successful completion.
- Effective interpersonal, teamwork, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Diligent, detail-oriented, and willing to take initiative and handle assignments with minimal supervision.
- Able to multi-task in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- BS or MS (preferred) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science with a focus on Wireless Communications.
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- Work on verification of wireless protocols.
- Work on the design and implementation of the Bluetooth and WiFi stacks and other protocol layers.
- Create technical specifications, design documentation, and test plans, and participate in test and verification.
- Apply standard design, development, and testing processes.
- Continuously strive to make improvements and enhancements to the software.
We are an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans....valuing diversity…celebrating strengths.