CONTRACT - Senior 3D Artist (NTD)
Nintendo Technology Development
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold more than 4.7 billion video games and more than 740 million hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™ family of systems, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™ and Wii U™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo Technology Development, based in Redmond, Washington, creates future hardware/software technology and researches North American-based technologies.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Works closely with the engineering team to create appealing and appropriate 3D assets and 2D textures.
- Ensures that created assets meet the needs of existing art pipeline tools.
- Identifies challenges presented from assigned tasks and works with other team members to formulate solutions.
- Follows direction well and works with the engineering team to address feedback.
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- Portfolio website that demonstrates art examples showcasing creativity, technical skills, strong composition, style variety, and a basic understanding of game-ready asset creation.
- Prior experience in games industry; at least one shipped title.
- Proficiency of industry standard asset creation tools such as Z-Brush, Maya, Photoshop, and Substance Designer/Painter.
- Over 5 years of industry experience.
- Particular strength and experience in the creation of rich, game-ready environments.
- Experience with commercial or proprietary game editing software preferred (i.e. Unreal, Unity).
- Understanding of typical challenges of asset integration process.
- Understanding of scripting, rigging, shaders, particles, and other technical issues.
We are an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans....valuing diversity…celebrating strengths.