Senior Manager, Partner Management
Nintendo of America Inc.
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold more than 4.7 billion video games and more than 740 million hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™ family of systems, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™ and Wii U™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo’s operations in the Americas. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company’s website.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Manages Partner Management team in establishing business relationships and ongoing support with key external partners and stakeholders
- Negotiates key business terms and conditions with Publishers and Developers
- Works in conjunction with Nintendo software developer support to enhance product development
- Prioritizes licensee portfolio of future game titles: identifies key titles and potential partnership opportunity (2nd party, exclusivity, strategic investment of human resources or funds)
- Identifies strategic games and key messages in support of marketing initiatives
- Manages projects with diverse scopes, ensuring critical information is communicated and providing timely responses
- Contributes analysis of the game industry and current market conditions
- Oversees internal analysis (quantitative and qualitative), reporting, evaluation and feedback of 3rd party games
- Researches technical questions and provides solutions for developers and publishers
- Forecast and direct annual Strategic Partnerships budget, providing justification and analysis for allocations
- Day to day responsibility for a range of functions related to acquisition, advocacy and continued growth of 3rd party support for Nintendo platforms
- Work in close collaboration with key external partners in achieving program and partnership objectives related to the Nintendo global licensing business
- Manages team dedicated to publisher and strategic partner relations, establishing and maintaining regular communication with priority accounts
- Ensures that priority projects are supported through all touchpoints (technical, submissions, marketing, etc.)
- Provides analysis and feedback to the organization from a business perspective
- As designated, may represent Nintendo as an official corporate spokesperson; successful completion of training required
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- Eight to ten years of related experience, including a minimum of e years as a manager.
- Industry veteran with broad experience and expertise within the gaming industry, including broad public facing experience through industry events. In depth understanding of Nintendo is preferred.
- Broad network of working relationships across companies and managerial levels within the gaming industry
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a team leader, including a track record of building and growing effective teams and personnel
- Working understanding of the game development process, jargon, and norms
- Experience communicating business terms, strong negotiation skills, contract management skills, and prior P&L management
- Ability to develop and present sophisticated presentation materials
- Familiarity and sensitivity related to Japanese business culture
- College degree in business or marketing or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA preferred.
- Valid passport
We are an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans....valuing diversity…celebrating strengths.