QA Estimate Planner, Product Testing (Debug)
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold more than 4.7 billion video games and more than 740 million hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™ family of systems, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™ and Wii U™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo’s operations in the Americas.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Communicate with Japanese- and English-speaking partners to gather future project information.
- Work with management to forecast future needs based on information received from our partners.
- Create project cost estimate versus actual reports; work as cost estimate liaison for department, and track and analyze developer and project data
- Work with management to manage costs per project, ensuring compliance with cost estimates; look for opportunities to reduce costs.
- Assist with the project planning handoff to team managers to ensure successful projects.
- Coordinate associates and provide necessary support and guidance to meet and exceed business objectives.
- Facilitate project efficiency meetings, audit the project's health, and provide input on potential areas of improvement.
- Evaluate staffing and forecasting for future, and current, projects to ensure projects meet budgetary constraints.
- Facilitate, maintain, train and track improvements to the primary testing tools used to conduct core department functions.
- Utilize strong knowledge of cost factors (game genre, size and complexity, game features, development skill, and historical trends) to provide accurate cost estimates to development partners.
- Collaborate with internal teams to create accurate, and agreeable, budgets.
- Communicate with internal and external partners at a highly professional level.
- Strategically utilize data to recognize patterns and trends; analyze results and report out to team managers to guide testing success.
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- Five years of translation experience
- Two years of interpretation experience
- Five plus years of experience in video game testing, or related.
- Three years of analytical, budgeting and forecasting experience.
- Excellent understanding of Japanese business culture and etiquette.
- Proficient in verbal and written communication in English and Japanese (native level in both languages) preferred.
- Excellent organizational and decision-making skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, problem solving, and cross-group collaboration
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly confidential environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines
- Strong leadership skills
- Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or university), or equivalent
- Program Management Certification preferred
- Valid passport required
- Valid Drivers’ License may be required
We are an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans....valuing diversity…celebrating strengths.