Intern – UX/UI Researcher (NOA)
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold more than 4.5 billion video games and more than 710 million hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™ family of systems, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™ and Wii U™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo’s operations in the Americas. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company’s website at http://www.nintendo.com.
Get Serious About Fun
As a Nintendo of America Intern, you will actively contribute to meaningful projects, and gain valuable hands-on work experience with a leading company in the entertainment industry. During the program from June through August, your work experience will be enhanced with mentoring, networking opportunities and exposure to industry leaders from across the company! Whether you are in a technical or non-technical role, you will be a part of a team committed to putting smiles on faces of millions around the world.
Description Of DutiesIntern – UX/UI Customer Experience Marketing
- Work with Nintendo’s Customer Experience team to conduct user research and analyze data to improve the customer experience on Nintendo.com
- Assist the Principal User Experience Designer and the Senior Web Analyst in addressing complex tasks and transforming them into intuitive, accessible, and easy-to-use solutions
- Create wireframes, UX flows, mockups, interactive prototypes, personas, and use case developments
- Develop a capstone project that involves the design and development of a digital product for Nintendo.com
Summary Of Requirements
- 3.0+ GPA
- Freshmen to graduating seniors enrolled in accredited college or university
- Pursuing a degree in Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), UX/UI Design or related field
- Ability to understand data (KPIs, usability tests, survey data, etc.) and use it to inform design choices
- Experience in prototyping in Axure, InVision, Sketch or similar software tool
- Portfolio of work samples
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Demonstrated interest in the interactive gaming or entertainment industry
We are an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans....valuing diversity…celebrating strengths.