Intern – Retail Marketing & Strategy (NOA)
Nintendo of America Inc.
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold more than 4.5 billion video games and more than 710 million hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™ family of systems, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™ and Wii U™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo’s operations in the Americas. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company’s website.
GET SERIOUS ABOUT FUN
As a Nintendo of America Intern, you will actively contribute to meaningful projects, and gain valuable hands-on work experience with a leading company in the entertainment industry. During the program from June through August, your work experience will be enhanced with mentoring, networking opportunities and exposure to industry leaders from across the company! Whether you are in a technical or non-technical role, you will be a part of a team committed to putting smiles on faces of millions around the world.
Intern – Retail Marketing & Strategy
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Work with Nintendo’s Retail Marketing & Strategy team to create and execute retail marketing tactics.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the video games category and retail landscape by analyzing sales and shopper data
- Contribute to the team by analyzing retailer promotions and tactics to develop insights for future promotional efforts.
- Create and communicate launch announcements that capture social media posts, articles, press releases, and/or other pieces of relevant content to the broader sales and marketing teams.
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- 3.0+ GPA
- Freshmen to graduating seniors enrolled in accredited college or university
- Pursuing a degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Economics or related field
- Shows initiative, action-oriented, and maintains ownership
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work cross-functionally
- Ability to work in fast-paced and confidential environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Understanding of Nintendo’s products is preferred but not necessary
- Candidates located in the San Francisco/Bay Area only
We are an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans....valuing diversity…celebrating strengths.