CONTRACT - Software Engineer, Network Stack (NTD)
Nintendo Technology Development
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold more than 4.7 billion video games and more than 740 million hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™ family of systems, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™ and Wii U™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo Technology Development, based in Redmond, Washington, creates future hardware/software technology and researches North American-based technologies.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Developing new network features, and updating/improving existing software
- Maintaining existing test software and creating new test software
- Conducting analysis of reported bugs by capturing and analyzing packet traces
- Referring to networking RFCs as needed
- Creating and maintaining design, test and user documentation
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Strong skills in C/C++, data structures, algorithms and multi-threaded software development
- Understanding of networking fundamentals including TCP/IP, socket programming
- Real-time embedded software development
- Experience developing of network software stacks and libraries such as TCP/IP, sockets, SSL/TLS, libcurl, etc.
- Solid understanding of synchronization mechanisms such as events, mutex, locks, and semaphores
We are an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans....valuing diversity…celebrating strengths.