CONTRACT - Data Scientist (NTD)
Nintendo Technology Development
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold billions of video games and hundreds of millions of hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™ family of systems, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™, and Wii U™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo Technology Development, based in Redmond, Washington, creates future hardware/software technology and researches North American-based technologies.
Nintendo is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a welcoming and inclusive environment in service to one another, our products, the diverse consumers we represent, and the communities we call home. We do all of this with kindness, empathy and respect for each other.
NTD’s Analytics team is seeking a data scientist to assist the team with the development of digital marketing soluitions for Nintendo. The role focuses on developing and validating algorithm and data pipelines for personalized recommendation systems using machine learning techniques.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Develop statistical algorithms for large data sets
- Apply machine learning and recommendation systems techniques for digital marketing use-cases
- Design A/B testing experiments, and do end-to-end data analysis
- Effectively communicate with other teams, and tell stories with data
- Collaborate with other engineering and business teams to support project needs
- Documents work according to defined processes
- 2+ years of professional experience working with machine learning libraries
- Strong experience with Python
- Good knowledge of machine learning and data mining techniques
- BS in CS/EE/Applied Mathematics/Statistics/DS/ML or related fields
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with deep learning frameworks (i.e. PyTorch, TensorFlow)
- Experience with A/B testing
- Experience with one or more of the following: classification, regression, recommendation systems, or related
** This is a CONTRACT position
* This is not a remote opportunity and you will be required to work onsite in Redmond, WA