Bilingual Mobile Project Specialist (Japanese)
Nintendo of America Inc.
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold more than 4.5 billion video games and more than 710 million hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™ family of systems, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™ and Wii U™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo’s operations in the Americas.
** This is a CONTRACT position
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Communicates with overseas and domestic first-, second-, and third-party developers regarding software and service localization through launch and beyond
- Works closely with translation and development teams to ensure in-game content is appropriate for the target audience.
- Translates, creates, and centralizes materials including spec docs, glossaries, and other development- related information.
- Makes recommendations for game-content changes for improved playability and comprehension.
- Plays games to familiarize themselves and educate team members, as well as to track localization progress.
- Monitors and reports project progress. Reports issues between localization teams and development teams.
- Solicits, consolidates, and summarizes opinions from various key internal stakeholders.
- Translates in-game text and game-related content as needed.
- Works with highly sensitive and confidential material on a regular basis.
- Develops post-mortem reports and archives materials upon project completion.
- Interprets meetings, telephone calls, and video conferences related to game development and localization.
- Possible overtime and /or schedule fluctuations based on workloads and/or constantly changing priorities.
- Less than 10% travel, including international travel.
SUMMARY OR REQUIREMENTS
- Four years of localization or project management experience
- Two to four years specific translation experience
- Excellent Japanese and English interpretation skills, including experience interpreting business meetings and/or conference calls
- Excellent knowledge of Japanese and American culture
- Familiarity with Japanese business protocol
- Awareness and understanding of Japanese and US localization issues and market preference
- Experience operating Microsoft Windows and Office software in Japanese
- Project Management experience (Waterfall and/or Agile) highly preferred.
- Software-development experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Japanese, East Asian Studies or a related field or equivalent education and experience required
- Level I certification on the Japanese Proficiency Test or equivalent
- Valid passport required.
** This is a CONTRACT position
We are an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans....valuing diversity…celebrating strengths.