Bilingual Communications Coordinator
Nintendo of America Inc.
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold more than 4.7 billion video games and more than 740 million hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™ family of systems, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™ and Wii U™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo’s operations in the Americas. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company’s website.
Description Of Duties
- Coordinates communications between Nintendo of America Inc.(NOA) Product Development, Nintendo Company Limited (NCL), and second-party developers
- Performs confidential written and verbal translations in Japanese and English
- Provides administrative support to Product Marketing Sr. Director and other Product Marketing staff/management
- Performs confidential written and verbal Japanese and English translations, including translating written and verbal communications between NOA, NCL, and second-party developers
- Prepares and transmits correspondence
- General department assistance including maintaining department schedules, coordinating meetings and travel arrangements, processing expense reports, distributing mail and faxes, ordering supplies, etc.
- Acts as liaison with other departments
- Assists with software evaluations as needed
- Maintains and updates department files, documents, and reports
- Coordinates and works on special projects and follows-up on open issues as needed
Summary Of Requirements
- 1-3 years of related experience
- Excellent Japanese and English translation skills, both verbal and written, required
- Ability to work with highly confidential and/or sensitive materials and information
- Excellent PC skills, including both word processing skills and spreadsheet skills in both Japanese and English
- Knowledge of video game industry desirable
- Native Japanese fluency or JLPT (Japanese-Language Proficiency test) Level 1 or equivalent proficiency
We are an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans....valuing diversity…celebrating strengths.