Associate System Administrator, Network Operations Center
Nintendo of America Inc.
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold more than 4.7 billion video games and more than 740 million hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™ family of systems, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™ and Wii U™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo’s operations in the Americas. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company’s website.
Description Of Duties
- Span of administration is production network hardware and software.
- Work with Engineers to define and build monitoring and documentation of all internal (corporate) and external (consumer) facing systems and applications.
- Data Center management including all hardware installation, out-of-band management (OOB) configuration, and remote hands support. Ensures optimum access, performance, capacity and availability of technologies deployed.
- Administers technology user accounts, provides technical support and alerting on technologies.
- Ensures interactions with customers are positive, productive, documented, and resolved in a timely manner or followed through on.
- See that trouble tickets are worked effectively and efficiently and that the work with engineering, field technicians, and telecommunications carriers is effective in resolving service issues in accordance with established processes and procedures.
- Recommend and standardize methods to correct common network trouble issues and faults, especially those of a chronic nature.
- Identifies areas for improvement both personally and for the company and provides recommended solutions.
- Provides support and troubleshooting of prior developed technology solutions.
- Hardware and OOB management configuration and performs approved patching of corporate systems as needed
- Performs and follows operational best practices
Summary Of Requirements
- Typically requires less than 2 years of related experience
- Previous experience applying organizational policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues
- Foundational understanding of Basic Windows Server Administration, Linux Server Administration, iSeries Server Administration, Cisco Network tools and devices, and other enterprise tools.
- A good understanding of technology principles and operating methods
- Familiar with data center infrastructure such as power and HVAC systems and controls.
- Experience working on problems of basic to moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Recommended certifications:
- Linux +
- Network +
We are an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans....valuing diversity…celebrating strengths.