Assistant Manager, Product Planning
Nintendo of America Inc.
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch ™ system and the Nintendo 3DS ™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System ™ , Nintendo has sold more than 4.5 billion video games and more than 710 million hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy ™ , Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS ™ family of systems, Super NES ™ , Nintendo 64 ™ , Nintendo GameCube ™ , Wii ™ and Wii U ™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo’s operations in the Americas. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company’s website at http://www.nintendo.com .
Home to world-renown characters, timeless games and the record-breaking Nintendo Switch system, but we’re missing one thing … you! We are looking for an Assistant Manager for 3rd Party retail operations, the ideal candidate will be ready to lead an operational team, communicate effectively with internal and external partners, and manage business improvement! Come help us tell the many exciting stories that lie ahead!
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Provides strategy related to team performance and defines resources needed to achieve a high level of success.
- Partners in the overall process to ensure that results align with original specifications and plan.
- Develops, maintains, and leverages internal and external relationships.
- Proactively manages product forecasts to ensure accuracy of dates, which in turn affects manufacturing and sales projections.
- Participates & oversees continuous process improvement activities, to optimize systems and process, to increase productivity.
- Makes recommendations regarding report formats, processes, and procedures.
- Works with technical and functional team members to ensure alignment with new title manufacturing (Nintendo Company Limited (NCL), Lot Check, Packaging, Purchasing, Credit, Order Administration).
- Provides back up support for Publisher and Developer Relations Product Planning Manager.
- Schedules reporting reflecting order and market trends with ad hoc reporting as needed.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Maintains contact with assigned partners and prospect accounts via phone/e-mail, and where cost justified, in-person visits, prepares and conducts presentations to partners and prospective partners.
- Collaborates with strategic partners to promote business growth.
- Analyzes reports on accounts and works with analytics team to generate reports on performance, value and trends.
- Keeps partners informed on Nintendo system updates and product enhancement as appropriate.
- Proactively reviews account performance and activity to ensure positive and productive long-term relationships with assigned accounts.
- Keeps management informed of issues, concerns and/or opportunities as they relate to account feedback.
- Processes and monitors end to end production of third party software from product initiation to release.
- Initiates and leads continuous improvement and value-add initiatives, independently or through cross-functional teams, and provides analysis and recommendations to management.
- Provides insight to retail and video game industry trends and current events.
- Provides guidance and training to other team members, this includes modeling leadership, teamwork, professionalism, and communication.
- Monitors process compliance for JSOX and other audit procedures.
- Has in depth knowledge and can facilitate incident resolution for systems used by Publisher and Developer relations (NCMS, IMAS, OMAS, NDP, LDB, NOAPortal).
- Assists in the management of the administration of Licensee orders and processing of Nintendo of America (NOA) PO’s including the coordination of production of Licensee Products with NCL.
- Audits contractual samples and prepares quarterly refunds.
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Experience performing statistical analysis
- Experience working with databases
- Project management experience
- Working knowledge of Oracle EBS, OM/IPM and BMS preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Leadership potential
- Japanese language fluency preferred
- Undergraduate degree in business, economics, marketing, or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
We are an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans....valuing diversity…celebrating strengths.