Artist III - Technical Artist (NST)
Nintendo Software Technology Corporation, based in Redmond, Washington , is a wholly owned subsidiary of the world's largest manufacturer and marketer of video games, Nintendo Co., Ltd., headquartered in Kyoto, Japan. Nintendo Software Technology's mission is to design, develop and deliver the very best video games. We conduct research, use state-of-the-art equipment and review methods of operation so that we may continually improve the quality of the games that we produce. Each person employed at Nintendo Software Technology Corporation is a valued team member and is encouraged to participate in our efforts to create the highest quality games.
Description Of Duties
- Responsible for creating and implementing character and object rigs for games to achieve innovative and high-quality gameplay experiences based on supporting art direction utilizing Autodesk Maya.
- Takes ownership of a specialized artistic area of a product’s development.
- Works directly with Art Leads, Animators, Environment, VFX and UI Artists to support and improve art production efficiency.
- Collaborate with the Art Team to create 2D/3D assets with optimal skinning, efficient joint setup and animation ready motion controls.
- Work actively with other disciplines such as design, engineering, and audio to attain product quality animations for 2D/3D assets.
- Consistently maintain optimized assets to run within technical constraints such as memory and frame rate limitations and sustain clean and organized assets and file structures.
- Supports the growth of new or enhanced art development tools and techniques.
- Utilizes and maintains proficient knowledge of required commercial and Nintendo proprietary art production tools.
- Mentors less experienced members of the team.
- Applies professional expertise to review, analyze and test products under development as a contributing member of a production team to ensure delivery of Nintendo’s high standard of quality and timeliness.
Summary Of Requirements
- 4 or more years of experience rigging models in game development with a clear understanding of physics, character-based motion, anatomy, and mechanical dynamics.
- Knowledge of MEL and Python scripting.
- Understanding of interactive entertainment methodologies, production pipelines, and Nintendo franchise art quality standards.
- Proven experience with joint setup, skinning, and controller creation with Autodesk Maya.
- Strong communication skills to effectively communicate techniques to other members of the team.
- Undergraduate degree in art or related field; or equivalent education and experience.
For more information about NST, visit our website.
We are an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans....valuing diversity…celebrating strengths.