Technical Artist / VFX Artist
Nimble Giant Entertainment is looking for a full-time Tech Artist.
We are looking for self-driven problem solvers, with the capability of discussing various topics, such as performance, rendering, and gameplay issues with engineers. At the same time, you must give constructive criticism and generate a creative discussion with your co-workers.
As a Tech Artist, you will be acting as a bridge between the technical and artistic aspects of game development, empowering both programming and art to achieve more than either could on their own. Our Technical Artists work with a variety of areas including modeling, materials, texturing, FX, gameplay, UI, as well as building art tools to improve workflows.
- Solve technical problems from an artist’s point of view
- Develop and maintain shader code and networks.
- Produce stunning VFX to bring life to our games.
- Assist in the implementation of art assets in the engine.
- Work in collaboration with programmers and artists to improve performance.
- Make improvements to existing pipelines as part of a team.
- Continue to explore new software and techniques, including novel solutions.
- Experience working with Unreal Engine of Unity.
- Experience developing VFX for Video Games, Animation, or Cinema.
- Knowledge of physics/particle simulation (Rigid/Soft Bodys, Fluids, Destruction, etc).
- Knowledge of shader development (Unreal Engine or Unity).
- Experience with Houdini
- Experience with scripting languages